Tuesday, February 10, 2009

You're really going to order Chili Cheese Fries?

Gameworks has happy hour until 8: 1/2 off well drinks, wine, beers on tap (drafts and domestics- yay for hef!) and margaritas! Mon - Fri 4pm - 8pm.

No discount on food. The chili cheese fries (what is with people ordering those around me this week? so funny) didn't look at all good compared to the ones at The 5 spot, which features a delicious $5 menu after 10 (while the chili cheese fries aren't on the 5spot happy hour menu, mac and cheese and quesadillas are and PBRs are $1).

Gamework's bar area is a little reminiscent of the tap house/fox sport corporat-y sort of bar, (being a chain, after all) but the wait staff was cool and relaxed. Our waiter made me really wish I had a mohawk. Not that I could rock the 'hawk. But it made me want to be able to.

Austin and I decided one of the two of us would "ski on each other's face" (i.e. win a skiing video game). Sadly, my face was skiied on. The place had an interesting layout, I'll definitely have to check it out again. Probably on a thursday, where you can play from 9pm on for $10.

Meanwhile, nearby, friends got tossed on strong martinis at Von's for cheap. The food there is overpriced, so happy hour's really the only time to eat there, if you have to eat there. Also, their booth needs fixing. It's broken. It was broken when we got there. What? Why are you looking at me like that? No, we didn't break it. I promise. Stop looking like that.
Geez.

Gameworks Grill on Urbanspoon

Von's Grand City Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments: